Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

REVIEW - UNCAGED by HARPER SLOAN

 
Synopsis
Greg Cage’s life is more fulfilling than he ever could have imagined. He’s married to the love of his life, has an amazing son, and in a few short months, his family will grow again with the birth of his twin girls.

The past year has been a tough one for the Cage family, but they are now on the road to healing by learning to let go of the past and looking forward to their future.

When situations beyond his control threaten to take away so much of what Greg holds close to his heart, he has to learn that he doesn't always have the control he tries to maintain in their lives. Will he be able to handle the stress of knowing his wife and newborn daughters are beyond his protection?

Join the Cage family as they embark on yet another one of life’s journeys with a rambunctious four-year-old, pregnancy complications, and the fear of the unknown.

Will the love that Greg and Melissa share hold true as they fight to overcome the obstacles that face them?

Buy the book
 
 
 
JENNIFERS 5 GOLD GLITTERING STAR REVIEW!
Ok, so I have been hooked on Harper Sloan’s Corps Security series ever since I read the first book, Axel.  I do not usually read novellas because I tend to feel like I am missing part of the story in them, but that was so far from the case with Uncaged.  Harper Sloan has packed so much action, emotion, and drama into this novella that you will forget that you aren’t reading a full-length book.  I don’t want to give away any spoilers about this book but I will say that I laughed, cried, and went through so many other emotions while reading this.  I love the way the Harper is able to rip your heart out with her writing but by the end of the story she picks up all the pieces and puts them back together again.
 
It was so great to have this novella let us revisit everyone’s favorite Beast, Gregory Cage.  This man is so hot that I thought my kindle might catch on fire just reading about him at times.  Melissa is the girl that we all want to be best friends with; she is fiercely loyal and loving.  Cohen, oh sweet and wonderful Cohen, this little boy stole my heart when I first read about him in book 2 of the series, Cage, and this time was no different.  He is the sweetest and most special little child.  I just want to get my hands on him and hug him and then go play-fighting ninjas with him.  Of course we get to see all of the other Corps Security guys, Izzy, Chelcie, and no Corps Security book would be complete with out having Sway.
 
There was one scene with all of the guys at the beginning where Greg tells them that Melissa is pregnant and even though the scene was funny as hell, I will admit I did shed a few tears reading it, those who have read book 3, Beck, will understand why this scene was slightly bittersweet to read.  I really loved the epilogue to this book.  It gave a great insight into the future and I hope that we see that particular scene in a future book someday.  I have to give this book 5 glittering gold stars and I will be on pins and needles waiting for the next book in this amazing series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
“There are moments in your life when you know that a higher power is at work.  That someone is hard at work making sure that all the bad you’ve ever felt in your life is cashed in for something so incredibly perfect it almost doesn’t seem real.”  ~Greg Cage~





No comments:

Post a Comment